Menu
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Faulty landline

Hi I have a fault with my landline phone the diognostic tells me i need an engineer, please help tried calling & text doesn't work. Regards Micky 

0 Kudos
campo7
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Faulty landline

Happy to assist

Can you send me you account number private please.

Have you got a dial tone at all?

What happened when you try and call the number?

cheers

Here to help! I'm a manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi campo7 thanks for your prompt reply, it seems to have fixed itself so all is well again. Regards Micky
G4eddie
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI Micky,

Yesterday I was texted by my sister who asked if our phone was working as she'd been trying to ring me from Friday night and only getting an engaged tone.

Of course, when I checked I hadn't got a dial tone. I then spent 15 or more minutes on the "My Virgin Media" page trying to find an online way to report the fault. Eventually I gave up and called up using my mobile. It took 30 minutes to get through, after once getting diverted back to the "faults" web page and then having to go through the whole menu system again. Ok, that concluded, an engineer's appointment was arranged for this afternoon, (Saturday, 9th May),and I relaxed.

However, I was surprised to find, at 10pm, last evening that the phone was now working, too late to report this happy fact, thought I. This morning I resolved to cancel the appointment and save the engineer a wasted trip. 20 minutes of fruitless "My Virgin Media" web page searching meant that I had to go through the whole phone menu and security sign-in procedures again, just to tell them to cancel the visit.

I've never known a web page that is so badly written. I was in a loop of leaving the home page, going to a page where I was led to believe that I could cancel the appointment, only to be instructed to return to the home page, "My Account Dashboard", (whatever that is), and press the "Cancel" button. It doesn't exist, as far as I can see. Maybe I'm missing something? After all, I'm 72 years old, technically savvy, (ex TV servicing, ex electrician, radio ham), oh, and I learned enough HTML to design my own web-page from scratch.

I hope to God the phone remains working, I don't want to go through all that again!

Keep Safe,

Eddie

0 Kudos