Menu
malbut
Joining in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Faulty dial tone, just a repeating brrr brrr brrr

Phone installed a week ago as part of package. We could make calls, but discovered it would not ring when we were called. Texted the installation guy. He replied he'd get back. A couple of days later the constant dial tone had changed to a repeating tone as in title. We cannot now dial out. Online test says it looks like no phone connected. Have plugged in a different  phone. No change. 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty dial tone, just a repeating brrr brrr brrr

Hi malbut, thanks for the message, can you try plugging it in to the hub to see if anything changes? Chris 

0 Kudos
malbut
Joining in
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Chris

The phone was installed (and is still) plugged directly into the hub with the Virgin-supplied RJ11 plug and UK socket adapter.

I have unplugged and plugged in both plugs a couple of times, and tried with two UK phones, with the same result.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi Malbut,

Thanks for your post, I am sorry you're having this issue with your Landline services recently. 
I have had a look at your services on my side and can see there is an area outage, which is regarding congestion on the line. 
This is due to be fixed  - 16th March 2021 - but please be aware this is just an estimate, it could change depending on what the engineers find. However, I am sure they will be working incredibly hard to get this fixed as soon as possible for you.

I am sorry if this is causing you inconvenience.
Thanks, 
Megan_L

0 Kudos
malbut
Joining in
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan_L,

Thanks for looking into this and I hope you're correct when you say it's being sorted.

But I'm still two more weeks without a landline!

As I am also having Mobile problems — I was talked into moving my mobile to Virgin as part of the package — I'm reduced to using a pay as you go phone and Skype to make calls.

I'm grateful for your efforts, but I'm not yet a happy new customer.

Malcolm

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi Malbut, 

Thanks for coming back to me about this outage, I am really that it's causing some disruption and frustration 😞

If you feel like you cannot hang on for the fix date and you want to voice your frustration, I can create a formal complaint for you. 

This may not rectify the outage that you're experiencing, however we can make sure you are being supported in any way we can.

Please let us know if you do want to go down this route and we will be happy to help further.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
malbut
Joining in
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Megan_L

I did that yesterday and got a commitment that someone would contact me, but could take up to 28 days.

I'd be grateful if you can speed that up, but I guess I'll just have to wait — though as I'm still within the 14 day cool off period I considering reverting back to my provider.

M

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi Malbut, 

I can take ownership of the complaint for you as I'm also complaints trained 🙂

I will chat with you about what we can do to make the situation better, I will send you a PM now so we can begin that conversation in private.

If you could think about what resolution you would like from the complaint, I will try my best to work with you within my parameters of course! If the resolution is to go back to your previous provider then we can chat further about this.

Speak to you soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
malbut
Joining in
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

OK Megan_L  — look forward to talking. Thanks

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi Malbut,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM, I just wanted to wrap your post up by coming back into public to say we got it all sorted 🙂

I am glad we managed to work together to fix your mobile issue, and I hope the area maintenance will be completed soon.

If you need any more help with this particular issue, just reply to me here. 

Anything different, just create a new post 🙂

Thanks so much for your patience and understanding, you've been a pleasure!

Kindest regards,

Megan_L

0 Kudos