Menu
AndrewZ
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Faulty Box - No way to book an engineer!

Hi

I have had the 350mb package for a year, yet have never got close to that speed. TBlaming thick walls meant I've spent lots on boosters etc. Also recently added new ethernet cabling through house to improve performance on my computer upstairs.

But, after various resets, while the wifi from the hub works OK (but a bit slow), the ethernet ports provide NO INTERNET output from the Hub 3 to my computer or to the boosters (mac and iphones)

I ran the status test, and it told me it was faulty and I need a new box and had to call to get it.

Another test said there are faults with the cables and to call for engineer.

But when I got through to Virgin FINALLY after 3 attempts, apparently there are "problems in the area," and so "can't help me until they are solved."

BUT I need a new box and an engineer...HEEEEEEELP!

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty Box - No way to book an engineer!

Good afternoon @AndrewZ

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your services. 

How are things looking since your post? Have you services been restored? We can take a further look into things if you are currently non the wiser? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

AndrewZ
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

Once again I have gone to the test page and seen the following message "intermittent fault"  but to "wait 24 hours THEN you can book an engineer."

There is NO OPTION allowing me to book an engineer.

Please help. I need an engineer to attend the property, analyse if the cable itself is faulty, in the wrong position, or if I need a new box.

Ideally I think an engineer should attend as if a new customer, and install a new cable.

Andrew

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrew, 

i am sorry to hear this is happening. 

I have tried to locate your account from our side but not been able to find it with the community details so I will need to pop you over a private message. 

This message will appear in the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos