Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Fault with my landline and downgrading package

Hi,

I have been trying to contact Virgin Media for more than two weeks now to discuss a) a fault on my landline and b) downgrading my package.

I've tried phone calls, live chat, your text service, messaging through your app and your Twitter account. I've yet to get through or receive a response.

Are there any members of staff on here who can respond to this, as mentioned on your Twitter account?

Thanks,

Aaron.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fault with my landline and downgrading package

Hi I am a Virgin Media engineer and possibly may be able to help  with your telephone fault

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kuldip.

There is no dial tone and I only hear crackling when I pick it up, so can't make any outgoing calls, including to Virgin Media. Had to try calling them from my mobile but was unsuccessful. If someone dials my landline the phone rings but I can't hear anything when I pick up other than a crackling. 

I bought a microfilter to see if that resolved the issue but it made no difference.

What do you suggest?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Have you managed to resolve this yet?

Have you:

- unplugged any other phones and tried just 1 in the master socket?

- looked for any obvious damaged cabling inside and outside the property?

If so I might be able to help - can you send me a personal message; hover over my name and select send message.

Retro-Tech

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos