Menu
Andrewhar
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Fault 1471

• Hi, I reported an issue with you firstly in Jan 21 and my issue is still not resolved. There is a fault with the 1471 service. This issue is with both my lines: home phone and business line. Having noticed a stream of posts reporting the same problem I am getting suspicious and irritated regarding the line of communication with your engineers. That there is a possible £150 charge if both handsets are at fault. Why would you scare people if this is an ongoing problem occurring many times with customers????not happy
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fault 1471

Hi Andrewhar,

welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Really sorry to hear that you're still having issues with our 1471 feature, we understand the inconvenience this issue is causing you on both your residential and business account.

We can certainly take a look from our end here on your residential account to see why this feature had dropped off for you, unfortunately with your business line you will need to call our business team directly on 0800 052 0800 as we do not have access to business accounts from this site. 

We have located your account with the details you have provided from your community profile and are going to check what is happening with this feature for you. It does sound like there may be a fault with adding this 1471 feature on.

We have emailed the relevant department to get this checked and we will update you shortly.

Kind regards Jodi.

0 Kudos
Andrewhar
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jodi, 

thank you for your concern. I have spoken to both business and residential departments on numerous occasions and after two months we are still no further forward. It is an unsatisfactory service you are providing. 

Just to confirm the feature 1471 is on but the fault is intermittent. Sometimes it works and sometime it doesn’t. On the residential line, I rang earlier and it worked but just rung 1471 now and it says there is a fault. I have rung you guys on numerous occasions relating to this issue. All I get back in response is: the feature 1471 has not been taken away or that no faults are found. Have you checked your hand set. Spoke to your representative a while back and we went through the phone menu and from what I remember was there was nothing relating to the 1471 in the menu for anything to have been changed. I know I’ve done nothing so why is this fault showing on both my lines, why are there so many reported problems on the forum for the same issue. I feel I am being fobbed off and that you are showing no urgency or any real due diligence to get this resolved. 

Now that you’ve announced a possible £150 fee if fault is found my end is treated with suspicion as a way to get money out of a customer. This has really infuriated me the way the whole process has been dealt with. 

I have now upped my anti with you guys to the point that I have a few choices:

Report this to ofcom or close the account for everything, including broadband, tv, phone lines and the business line. The whole Shebang. 

Unless now we get get to the bottom of this. I will again make attempts to email directly to the engineer. I’ll throw a few questions to him. Today, it is taking up quite a lot of my time in complaints to you. 

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrewhar,

Thank you for coming back to us, I am really sorry to hear you still haven't got to the bottom of it, I have had a look our end and there aren't any issues at all and the service is still on the line, we can only advise to maybe try a different handset and see what happens, I can get a colleague to remove the service off the switch and re-add it to see if this does resolve the issue.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos