Menu
Highlighted
1stch0ice
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Failed number porting

Hi,

I switched to VM 1 month ago on the top package oomph, it was promised as part of the deal that my existing landline number would be "effortlessly transferred into my new package," well here I am 1 month later still without my old number. 

I have spent upward of 5 hours now ( mostly on hold ) in the last 2 weeks and feel as if I have spoken to every department with little success. I have also spoken to sky ( previous supplier ) and they imply that VM did not submit the application before my service was terminated. This apparently means that I have lost any hope of getting my old number back unless I take out a new subscription with BT ( who have regained the number ) !!! and that would be at £20 per month minimum 12 months

I am extremely frustrated trying to talk to VM by phone, every call seems to involve being on hold for 35 mins ( on average ) going through security , being transferred to someone else , going through security AGAIN and sometimes being transferred even a 3rd time - the longest single call was 1 hour 20 mins and I have lost count of the number of times that I have been on hold for over 30 mins and had to give up as I have a life.

I have had the same landline number for over 25 years, originating with BT, and a change of number would be an immense problem for me.

Surely it can't be that difficult ????

Russ

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Failed number porting

Hi 1stch0ice, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Sorry to hear of the issues you've faced here, It's never good to hear. Without knowing any of the finer details on our side I wouldn't be able to give you an answer. So what I will do is send you a private message so that we can look into this for you. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team