Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Failed Landline Port from Sky to VM

Hi "anyone that can help please"

I signed up to VM in December 2019 with a view to start services late Jan 2020 when my Sky contract expired. I asked for my landline number to be ported across by ticking the relevant box on the paperwork. I was told by the advisor to give notice to Sky to cancel my services at the appropriate time, but was NOT told to leave the phoneline, nothing was mentioned about that. As a result, the port request from VM was rejected by Sky. I NEED this number back, there are an untold number of people who have that number alone and I cannot contact personally. In my view, it is VM fault for not telling me to leave the landline alone. A "normal" person would not know this.

I have phoned Sky to get the number reinstated, they say they cannot help, to get VM to do it, VM say they can't, try BTOpenreach. I cannot contact them. I have seen several posts saying it CAN be done, some saying it CANNOT, however the most recent one I have seen on this forum says it HAS been done (6/2/20).

Can anyone tell me once and for all whether it can be done, how it can be done and who's responsibility it should be please? Or better still, can you do it for me if i give the details?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Failed Landline Port from Sky to VM

Update - made a formal complaint via online portal

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nellie6752, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community 🙂

Very sorry to hear of the confusion over the number port.

We're only able to port active lines, this should have been made aware to you at point of sale. 

Can you confirm when the line was disconnected?

Every case is different, and we can never guarantee that we can get inactive numbers ported to us due to many factors.

However we can investigate and go from there.

I've popped you over a private message so I can get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Nellie6752

Thanks for giving us the opportunity and your patience to help.  Call on us again if you ever need our help:-)

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can yo help me too please? I’ve had infuriating afternoon speaking to call centre being dumped whilst holding etc etc. Same problem having followed instructions from VM. Number from Sky not ported and don’t know what to do.

David
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I logged an official complaint online, would not take no for an answer, refused to have the complaint closed until resolved. Don’t let them.

There are people on the forum team who know who to contact. They need to go begging to BT Openreach for the number back.

Can only suggest you contact one of the forum team directly as those guys were really helpful. 

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nellie,

Thanks for the advice. Not sure I have the stomach for any more of their appalling customer service. No one ever contacts me when they cut me off on their ridiculous call centre menu system - even after a 30 minute call!
0 Kudos