Menu
Lanxer
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Extension for home phone

I wish to have a second phone in the annex at the rear of the house. I already have a cat 5 cable from the hub to the TV point in the annex.

Is it possible the use this as the extension cable for a second phone

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extension for home phone

Hi Lanxer,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

If you have your phoneline through cooper wire any individual handsets would need their own socket, this would need a technician visit and would be £99.

If you have the phoneline through the back of the hub, this would also require a technician of the same cot to add a special extension, your best option however would be to use wireless/ radio handsets, so only the main one needs to be connected to the hub/ socket and any additional handsets just need standard power connections.

Let me know which you have and if you would like to arrange a technician visit.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Lanxer
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex 

Thanks for getting back to me.

My main phone is plug directly into the hub. My aging parents have moved into the annex and they want to use their existing big button phone and we also want to install a community alarm to keep them safe when we are not at home. The CA needs direct access to the phone line. There are GSM CA's  but I'm looking at this option before i go to the expense of having to get a CA plus sim card

regards 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No worries at all,

In that case it would most likely be a callout charge of £99 for a technician to visit to sort out the additional socket.

Let me know when you decide what you want to do and I can help 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Lanxer
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Could you organise  techy please

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lanxer,

We can certainly look to get this arranged for you. I'll just need to clear security with you, so I'll drop you a private message now to confirm a few details. Please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos