Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Existing BT number to Existing Virgin Account

Hi.

We have a dilemma at home. My mother has been recently diagnosed with Alzheimer's. She has a BT phone line downstairs and it has come to our attention she has been neglecting bills.

I have virgin media package upstairs including a telephone line I never use. We have been trying to convince her to get rid of BT all together and use the mobile i got her on my Vodafone account but she's having none of it.

I'm wondering if we were to cancel the BT could we transfer the BT number to my virgin account? 

That way she doesn't loose her number, can keep a landline and we don't have to worry about bills.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Existing BT number to Existing Virgin Account

HI aidy1972, yes that would be possible, you can request a number port from us but the number would need to stay active with BT until the port has been complete as you will only be able to transfer a live number ^Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris_W1,

I'm in the same situation as the OP, looking to port number from existing active BT line to active VM line - is there a particular number or team to contact to deal with this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi KingfisherUK

Thanks for posting. I'll be more than happy to assist you with this. I'll send you a PM so we can discuss this account securely

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I'm also looking to move a BT phone number to a existing virgin line as its not used at all. I would be looking to upgrade the Virgin phone package to include all calls so no additional charges would occur. Also should we ever want to port the number back to BT can this be done or is it a one way process?

Thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, you can indeed bring your number over from BT, by doing so this will cancel their ADSL services , if you decided to take it back later this would be a case of speaking to them again and they will take the number back closing just your landline with us.

In order to port a number over from another provider the number must be active, if you wish to go ahead with this I would ask you text our support team on +44753 305 1809. Please bear in mind the response will not be instant, but our team will get back to you ASAP.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos