Menu
paulsm
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Excessive Phone Charges

In these distressing times its nice to receive a monthly phone usage bill of of £50 for keeping in touch of our elderly relatives!!

I've tried contacting the call centres but unfortunately been left on hold too long which I completely understand because staff need to be at home if they can't work safely. It would have been nice to at least have received an email alert to say you've gone over your free call allowance or saying you've now spent £xxxx!!

My parents are over 70, my parents in law are over 80 and we need to keep in regular contact to sort shopping, doctors and prescriptions. Added to the fact I've received a pay-cut and then I get stung with a £55 telephone bill. I see that mobile customers have had some extended call plans but I presume home bills are valued as much. In these unprecedented times a bit of compassion would be nice!!  

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Excessive Phone Charges

Hi paulsm,

Thanks for posting on our community page. Sorry to hear you have received an unexpected phone bill, we appreciate this is not ideal in the circumstances.

Can we ask if this bill was for your Virgin landline or Virgin mobile? We only ask as there are ways in which you can keep an eye on your bill to make sure you do not go over your monthly allowances and that you stay within your limits.

If you are not sure of any remaining balances you can download our Virgin mobile app if it is mobile, or you can sign in to your Virgin Media account online.

Please let us know which bill this was for.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
paulsm
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

It was my landline. I have the app but I never receive notifications - they are switched on. I really shouldn't have to check the status every day, you would have thought I would get a message when I am running low. I use O2 for my mobile and they are excellent for informing me when data is getting low or calls are getting close to the limit. 

Normally we wouldn't use the phone as much but with being at home and checking on relatives its not good to have to think about the cost of the phone before you make contact!!

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us paulsm, 

As we do not have an app for landline calls where you can monitor your minutes, we would suggest checking your online account for recent usage. If you are using the landline more than you normally would in the circumstances this would be the only way to keep a track of what minutes you have used. 

check 

You can also call us on our 150 number as we will happily check any minutes remaining on your call plan.

We do appreciate your feedback and this will be used so we can improve the way we inform our customers of what landline minutes have been used in the future.

With regards to any charges on your bill these will apply as they have been used and we would not refund any charges back to the account.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
paulsm
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for you compassionate reply. Think I know where our phone service will be moving to in December!

0 Kudos