cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exasperated - no dial tone and broadband issues

Ricochetj
Joining in

Is there any way to get in contact with Virgin apart from holding on the line for hours? I have had no phone for a week (no dial tone) and had months on wifi being appalling and dropping out because VM network is overloaded in our area apparently (BR2). I’m honestly disgusted with how hard they make it to get any help. It’s deliberately designed that way. It would literally be easier to sign up to a new provider. Someone told me you can chat through the VM Connect app but I just end up in a circle of irrelevant FAQs. 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Ricochetj, thank you for signing up to our help forums and your first post here.

A warm welcome to the VM community, glad to have you on board.

We're sorry to see you've been having issues getting in touch with our faults team about your landline recently and also that you experience problems with the Wi Fi connection dropping.

Regarding the ways to get in touch with us, you can either call at 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a VM landline), use our WhatsApp text support at +447305 327 112 or chat to us live using the chat button on our page.

We appreciate the frustration caused when our lines are busy, please rest assured though we're working our best to assist all customers through the above channels as swiftly as possible.

About the Wi Fi issues, you can use our Connect App to troubleshoot those and see if any area faults or weak wireless signal problems etc exist as well as how to resolve them.
Alternatively, you can use our online diagnostics page here to do this when connected to the home network.

Lastly, in relation to the issue with your landline we haven't found any area faults currently and we'll need to look further into this to assist.

I will send you a private message here shortly to be able to help.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @adri_g I haven’t received a DM from you so am replying here.

I’ve already tried the connect app to scan. But when there’s no internet the app doesn’t work. It regularly drops out completely for 30-60 mins at a time. I still don’t have use of a phone to call you. Please advise how to proceed. 

IMG_8995.png

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for chatting with me via PM @Ricochetj 😊 Please do keep me updated with how this goes.

If you need to change the appointment for any reason it can be do via your online account here. If the appointment is missed this may result in a £25 charge.

If you need anything further, let me know, we are happy to assist.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules