cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Envelope and speach bubble.

AlexanderMTTH
Superfast

Hello y'all 

I just a new icon on my landlines, which Google doesn't see to be able to explain what it is. It's an envelope in a speech bubble. 

Does any of you know what it means? 

I don't seem to have any new voice message, as per my device. 

AlexanderMTTH_0-1592760426933.png

Thanks and regards,
Alexander
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hello

Could this be a text message that was sent to your landline number ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello AlexanderMTTH

If you have a c/mute button hold it down for a few seconds and see if this helps remove the icon. I am only saying this as a while ago we had a Customer with a Panasonic Dect Phone, Who had the same issue, Then by accident he tried that and its removed the logo

I'm guessing that you have tried deleting any voicemails as well 

Gareth_L

On our wavelength

I have the same brand phone but don't have this problem or virgin media phone line, but did a search out of curiosity on that icon of that phone brand.

Yep it's new voicemail symbol and others have had same problem with that brand of phones even people with voicemail disabled, some had that icon there for months.

This was some  advice given a few times to clear it, not sure though if it would have worked for you or your phone...

'press the Clear / Mute button for a few seconds. That is the bottom right button out of the four that are around the big round one. It has a C on it, a line under the C and the mute symbol underneath

'I held the c/mute button for a few seconds and it has removed the envelope and speech bubble'.

P.S, is it me or does this forum disallow other brand names, it would not let me post the brand name beginning with p and ends with sonic.

Hello 350

Thank you for your reply. I can't test your troubleshooting as I've reset the handset.
But I will make sure to have this tested next time. 🙂

I'm not sure about the brand-banning situation. But we can test it. "Panasonic".

Thanks and regards,
Alexander

9 REPLIES 9

AlexanderMTTH
Superfast

I've tried to upload a picture, but I might not be technical enough to have succeeded. 

image.png

Thanks and regards,
Alexander

Hi, y'all again. 😃

I still can't see any reasonable explanation for this (on my Google search). 

If anyone held hostage this information, its release will cause eas of mind. 

Thanks, 

Alexander. 

Thanks and regards,
Alexander

Hello

Could this be a text message that was sent to your landline number ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello AlexanderMTTH

If you have a c/mute button hold it down for a few seconds and see if this helps remove the icon. I am only saying this as a while ago we had a Customer with a Panasonic Dect Phone, Who had the same issue, Then by accident he tried that and its removed the logo

I'm guessing that you have tried deleting any voicemails as well 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth 

I've reset the handset complete and that worked fine. The icon is not there anymore. 

I've also deactivated and reactivated the VoiceMail as well and deleted the device voicemail (not only those from the system). 

With those two actions the icon disappeared, but I'm still not sure what the cause was. 

Thanks and regards, 

Alexander 

Thanks and regards,
Alexander

Hi Mike

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about that. But there was no option for me to read it. So I've sent a text from my mobile tp my landline and it came with a call. With this experiment, I've concluded that it was not a text message or not one that would've been sent as a standard.

I've then sent another one and did not picked up the call. It went to VoiceMail (VM) and the icon for VM was different than this one.

Thank you so much for this idea. I would've not thought about it. And now I know how text messages work on the landline.

I've done a full reset of the handset and deleted all the VMs, which made it disappeared.

Thanks and regards,
Alexander
Thanks and regards,
Alexander

On our wavelength

I have the same brand phone but don't have this problem or virgin media phone line, but did a search out of curiosity on that icon of that phone brand.

Yep it's new voicemail symbol and others have had same problem with that brand of phones even people with voicemail disabled, some had that icon there for months.

This was some  advice given a few times to clear it, not sure though if it would have worked for you or your phone...

'press the Clear / Mute button for a few seconds. That is the bottom right button out of the four that are around the big round one. It has a C on it, a line under the C and the mute symbol underneath

'I held the c/mute button for a few seconds and it has removed the envelope and speech bubble'.

P.S, is it me or does this forum disallow other brand names, it would not let me post the brand name beginning with p and ends with sonic.

Hello 350

Thank you for your reply. I can't test your troubleshooting as I've reset the handset.
But I will make sure to have this tested next time. 🙂

I'm not sure about the brand-banning situation. But we can test it. "Panasonic".

Thanks and regards,
Alexander

UhtredtheBold
Joining in

I'm surprised you didn't get an answer here. From my testing this is the virgin media answerphone service. Once I called 1571 the envelope went away.