Menu
Helenq26
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Engineer did not turn up

Hi we phoned on friday which took 6 hours to eventually get through to someone, our neighbor's workmen cut clear through our telephone tv and internet cables when we got through we booked an appointment for Wednesday for an engineer to sort out a new TiVo box but she also booked an emergency call out for 24/48 hours from fridays conversation we've had no one turn up I've tried calling several times with no reply and I've been in contact with the virgin Facebook team and they've told me to contact you, I've got elderly parents living with me and they wont go out because of covid so they are now without tv or telephone access

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer did not turn up

I'm sorry to here of this issue, I'm not sure why the Facebook team diverted you here as this isn't a direct customer service access however if your willing to hang around a member of Virgin's staff should be along within a few days, alternatively I would recommend calling customer service or waiting until Wednesday when you scheduled to have an engineer visit.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Helenq26 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am really sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your services and that an engineer didn't attend. 

I have used the information that you have provided to us when signing up to the forums to locate your account, I have reached out to the AFM (area field manager) so that we can get this sorted ASAP. 

As soon as I hear anything further, I will reach out once again. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Good morning again @Helenq26

I have just spoken with the AFM, they have informed me that they will be out to attend and sort your issue out this afternoon. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Helenq26
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for getting an engineer out to us on Monday, he could only do a temporary repair to get the tv/phone & broadband band back up for us, the engineer said it needs a complete fix of running in new cables, he said he would put in a request for this to be done but didn't know how long it would be before this would happen, also we had an engineer booked for this morning to swap my TiVo box for a V6 which I had requested on Friday when I made the original phone call regarding the fault in my area. 

0 Kudos
Helenq26
Joining in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Sorry should have said that the engineer to install the v6 box did not turn up today and that was booked for a call out today between 8 and 12, and also would you be able to give us any clue as to when they will be laying the new cables as we need to let the neighbor's know so they can carry on with their work 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Could you share a photo or two of what work is being carried out and where the cable is running, this will help with working out what needs to happen and when.

Typically re-pulls (when new cable is installed between network and house) take up to a few months depending on work loads in the area, typically at the moment it won't take that long but could take about 2-3 weeks all being well with the existing ducting to and from your house.

However if the new cable will need to go under a driveway it may be possible for AFM to bring by ducting that can be buried between street/boundary T box and house and can be used later date to feed cable.

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Helenq26
Joining in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Ok I will send them tomorrow as it's too late now and also will I have to phone again for the v6 box as no one came today

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

They should of sent the new box as self install rather than upgrade, engineers aren't really going to houses for upgrades currently due to restrictions.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @helen126 

Thank you for coming back to me.  I have just taken a look over the account, I can't see anything regarding the engineer re-pulling the cables, however I will email the AFM again to see if I can get any further information on this.  

Regarding the V6 box, do you have a fault with it?  or was it an upgrade? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos