Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Engineer did not turn up

My VM home phone has not been working for over a week. No dial tone.

People have contacted me to say my land line is unobtainable or they get an engaged tone.

I have done the tests and there are no issues. I arranged an engineer visit for yesterday between 4 and 7, but nobody bothered to show up or even contact me.

I called VM this morning but the staff were totally hopeless and the phone still does not work.

I have missed telephone appointments with my GP because of this and I am not very popular at the practice because of this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

no dial tone

No dial tone for over a week. Run the test and no fault reported. I can dial out but I'm told that I'm either engaged or they get an unobtainable signal. WV14 area. An engineer was booked but he didn't show up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: no dial tone

@namllih Please don't create multiple threads for the same issue, it doesn't get your issue resolved any quicker and is against the forum rules.  I have merged your threads.

@ModTeam Please can you ask one of the forum team to visit this thread and look into why this customer did not get an engineer visit as booked and why the fault is still outstanding.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi namllih, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you're without the use of your landline and am really sorry for any inconvenience it may be causing you and your family.  I would like to take a closer look at this. To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi namllih

Just a quick post to confirm you're satisfied with response and efforts of our forum team?  Remember if you have any technical issues with your account in the future, our fantastic community and our forum team will always be willing to lend a hand:-)

Regards

Lee_R

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The problem has now been sorted out. Lee_R arranged for the engineer to call yesterday. The engineer called and sorted out the problem.

I tried to get this problem sorted out before joining this forum but with no success. The guys on here have made sure the problem was sorted out.

Thanks for that.

0 Kudos