forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Swresident
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Engineer decided not to come

I had an installation booked for the 18th Feb, scheduled in Mid Jan. I had the pre site attendance on the 28th Jan. 

Today was the 18th Feb and no engineer bothered coming to the property. I called virgin nearly daily for the last to ensure all was on track for installation for today, to ensure any external construction work that was required was already completed. 
But no one turned up today. I spent hours calling the customer service number not getting through to the pre install team, call getting dropped after waiting 86mins. Then I remembered I had the engineers mobile from the pre site visit in Jan. I called him and told him that no one had come, and asked what’s going on? He was very close by so drove to the property, and met me outside. He on louder speaker called the engineer who was meant to do perform the install. “Benny” Benny told his colleague that he wasn’t coming to the property, not worth his time, the installation is never going to happen, got to get a permit for the council to dig up the road, so leave that property alone it will never happen. ( I have this conversation recorded, tempted to share on social media how Virgin treats it’s disabled vulnerable customers). 
At no point was I contacted by anyone in the virgin team to say the engineer wasn’t coming, or there was a problem. I spent hours and hours trying to reach customers service, in the end gave up and got through to retentions so I could leave Virgin Media. Because I’m a pre installation customer they even they couldn’t help or cancel the contract and again no one in the pre install was answering the phone. 

So now moved into a new property no broadband connection, vulnerable and unable to earn an income with being able to connect remotely, and no time to find an alternative solution. 

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer decided not to come

Hi Swresident, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am really sorry to hear of the experience you've had whilst trying to join us. If any physical construction needs to be done, i.e. digging up of a road / footpath then we need to get permission from the local council. I can appreciate that the way you found out isn't acceptable and I genuinely apologise for that experience. The best team to speak to is the pre-install team on; 0800 052 1734. If anything can be arranged/figured out that team would be able to see/check. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Swresident
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. 
I’m well aware of the permit process this should have all been applied for and processed in January during the site visit, over month later nothing was done and no one informed the customer. 

With regards to speaking to the pre install team, I tried for 6 hours to contract them yesterday to no avail! And I’ve tired again from 8.30am this morning and still not connected. 

The way you treat customers is beyond appalling 

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Have you been able to speak with them since? 

I know the experience you've had is not of what we expect at all and for that I really do apologise, it's not something I can personally change. 

Keep me posted. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos