cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engaged tone on Home Landline

masterm1
Joining in

My home landline has no dial tone but has an engaged tone. I am unable to dial out to anyone. 

I have a corded phone connected to a VM landline via the wall socket and an exstnsion lead, the phone worked OK yesterday ( 5 Apr)

Have tried connecting direct to the VM telephone wall socket, but problem still exsists.

Please can you help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @masterm1 thanks for your post although we're sorry to hear of your concerns raised regarding no service on your landline.

Are there any identified service issues showing here for you for landline issues?

Please let us know - alternatively, have you received any communications regarding the home phone switchover, where your landline may be connected to your Hub?

Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @masterm1 thanks for your post although we're sorry to hear of your concerns raised regarding no service on your landline.

Are there any identified service issues showing here for you for landline issues?

Please let us know - alternatively, have you received any communications regarding the home phone switchover, where your landline may be connected to your Hub?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom_w

Have checked service status, which indicates no known phone issues.

I have not received any communications regarding the home phone switchover. I have a Super Hub 2AC which does not have a phone socket. And there is nowhere for the Virgin adapter to fit into this hub. 

Thanks M

Hi @masterm1 thanks for your reply - no problem at all.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into things further for you regarding the landline fault.

Kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly, and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi masterm1, 

Thanks for sticking with the team via private message on this one. We're glad that things are fully sorted and you're happy with the outcome. 

If you have any issues going forward, pop back and let us know. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs