Menu
lindamoore33
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Enabled call barring by mistake on landline

I enabled call barring by mistake on my older BT phone dont have the password/pin to cancel it now cant phone out can Virgin cancel it at their end. Have gone round in circles on website for 3 days just want live chat or even  human being to talk to. Help!!

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Enabled call barring by mistake on landline

Hello

From what you have described that is a function of the phone and not the line, what model BT phone do you have as you may have to reset the phone back to factory settings.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HI lindamoore33, all we can do here is add/ remove call features from the account, it is likely that there is nothing on the account. Can you do what DJ_Shadow1966, has suggested and try another handset? Chris 

0 Kudos
lindamoore33
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have tried 3 handsets that I have the line is blocked on all of them I have tried reset on the phone used but that didn't do it it's the forgotten pin it needs it's a BT 3940 I did wonder if there was a default code they would have used but nothing works BT are no help because I am not a customer and their website is useless

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi lindamoore33, can you confirm what you did to enable the barring? When was this done? Chris. 

0 Kudos
lindamoore33
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

4 days ago I was looking to block a number and went into Call barring just to see the options went through and call barring all calls came up then I stupidly pressed ok instead of back and wasn't asked for pin number to enable it  just went straight through and barred calls out in calls still ok

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Would you like us to check the account to see if anything has changed on the account? Please let us know and i will get a private message sent over -Chris 

0 Kudos
lindamoore33
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes would you check account please  [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

We will send you a private ,message. ^Chris 

0 Kudos