Menu
JPWSun
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Enable telephony on Hub 3.0

Hello,

I have a hub 3.0 box and a package that includes broadband and landline but would like to relocate my phone and plug it into my hub 3.0 via the J11 socket but telephony is not enabled. How can I get this enabled?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Enable telephony on Hub 3.0

Hello

The connection to the hubs are only setup for new customer or if there was a fault on the  phone line an engineer can do the switch over, if you previous have a standard wall socket for your phone line, it will need an engineer to  do the switch over if it is available in your area and as it is a non fault callout there will be  a charge of £99

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JPWSun
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I see, that old chestnut. Free to new users but a longstanding customer paying a lot of money has to pay out more. Weren't you trying to switch everyone over to the VOIP system by 2025 anyway? I do have an intermittent fault on the phone line at the moment which an engineer has failed to fix today in the ten minutes he was here. I thought I wasn't hearing the phone the last few weeks which is why I wanted to relocate it but as it turns out it appears to be a ring trip fault where the incoming call is getting cut off after a couple of rings, sometimes only 1. I'll see how they get on sorting this out but as I'm off contract its starting to look like moving to another provider over the next few weeks is a preferable option.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi JPWSun

Thanks for coming back to us. 

So to confirm the phone does ring but only a few times before cutting off?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
JPWSun
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John. Per above 'intermittent fault...incoming call is getting cut off after a couple of rings, sometimes only 1.'

However, I'm dealing with the incoming call problem on a separate thread.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi JPWSun,

Thank you for coming back to us, If you have a fault with your landline we will be more than happy to look further into this and send a technician if required, I have had a look our end and cannot see any issues, if the technician comes he can then decide if the line would need switching and would only be done if there was a fault that would warrant this.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos