cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency Backup Line

mattwellsy
Tuning in

Received a letter asking me to get in contact about replacing my backup line phone, but user of phone is in hospital so is it possible to arrange the change it? 

6 REPLIES 6

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey mattwellsy,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message mattwellsy. 

I have arranged a technician appointment for you and it can be tracked via your online account. Please sign into My Virgin Media and you will see your appointments on your account dashboard. However, this can take up to 24 hours to be updated. You can also check your appointments via the 'My Virgin Media' app.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for.
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Pete-StAlbans
Dialled in

Hi Matt, as my mum is about to have the same "upgrade" to her Emergency Backup Line, did you get this done, and was there any benefits or disadvantages with this change? Anything to check/lookout for? Appreciate any advice, thanks.

Thanks for your post @Pete-StAlbans.

If your Mother currently has a back up line, it would be wise to go through with the upgrading of the emergency back up line.

Would you be in a position to work with us on assisting with this upgrade, or is it preferable for your Mother to work with us directly? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

My mum has agreed to get the upgrade today, between 1pm - 6pm.

I still don't know why the Emergency Backup Line needs to be upgraded. 

Thanks for coming back to us @Pete-StAlbans.

Do please feel free to keep us updated on how the upgrading goes.

And if you have any questions about the device, feel free to ask the engineer who is designated to this job.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn