cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eledery and vulnerable left without vital phoneline

Jason53
Joining in

Like many others I am reading, my disabled parents have had their landline switched off without the appropriate equipment being provided to migrate them to the broadband phone. I have been trying to get a resolution to this since Friday 19th of June, and it is now the 21st and they are still without a line. Friday was promised an engineer between 8 and 3 Saturday 20th. When I called to chase after 10am Saturday I was told we woulkd have to wait until Monday. I pointed out they were disabled and their account had been flagged vulnerable and, after several hours on the phone an engineer arrived and quickly adapted their equipment. He then pointed outthat the telephone service had been removed from their account. Several mor hours on the phone and I was eventually promised that the line would be restored "within 24 hours". 24 hours later (4pm 21st) I call and I am told "It's scheduled to take place between 1 and 6pm today" I call back after 6. At this point a strange thing starts happening, every time a customer service representative looks into my case notes....the line goes dead. Eventually I get a very brazen man who tells me I am wrong, I was actually told "Between 24 and 48 hours, it is very clear in the notes, you will have to wait." He refuses to put me forward to an escalation team saying "What do you think the will so" He also says "Go ahead and make a complaint, I have said nothing that will make me lose my job". My parents are elderly, confused, disabled and scared. I just hope BT learn from Virgin's complete mishandling of this project and get their ducks in a row for 2025.

4 REPLIES 4

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jason53 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear your parent experienced this with the landline switchover process. We can understand your concern for their current circumstance and want to do our best to help. To best look into this, I have sent you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Nothing yet. The latest news is that the request to restore the line was incorrectly process

Incorrectly processed and we now have to wait another 24 to 48 hours. Outrageous, a complaint will be going to offtel.

Thank you for the update @Jason53 

We further apologise for this experience on behalf of the team. I have sent you another private message. Please look out for the envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs