Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Elderly parent poor health - needs to book land line engineer ASAP

Hello, I have been trying for over a week to book a VM phone (land line) engineer. The phone socket at my elderly mother's was damaged by a leak. We have tested with other phones and had the line tested and there are no issues. Just need to arrange an engineer to install a new socket and get the landline working again.  It appears to be a tripping fault due to water damage. This is urgent as she has regular contact from her doctor and nurse.  No problem with any call out costs - just need to get it done. I live 500 miles away. It shouldn't be this hard to contact to get this done - phone lines cut off after 45 minutes and no way of contacting online?! Can you advise how I can get an engineer booked? If someone at Virgin Media can contact me , I can pass on her account details and a contact number. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Elderly parent poor health - needs to book land line engineer ASAP

what do you mean a tripping fault?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello, thanks for replying.

After a leak was identified coming from the bathroom above there was a fault with the phone below the landing. It could be used to make outgoing calls but anyone calling into the number would get one ring and then cut out / go dead. Also on the receiving end, My mother would only hear it ring once. We tested with different phones and checked for faults to the line and for service issues and there have been none. We allowed the socket to dry over the last 10 days but when i asked a plumber and electrician for their view they advised they also eliminated other faults and that the water had likely damaged the socket and wiring. They said the fault was a ring trip and needed the wiring to be looked at and the socket to be replaced by a Virgin Media engineer. Any advice on how to get a VM engineer booked in would be really helpful. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

have flagged it to VM to [hopefully] get here quickly as it seems urgent - keep your eye on the thread as they will want to go to PM i think

Tony
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

thank you - hopefully i'll hear via the inbox.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

yep that sounds like a fault. I wanted to check you wasn't talking about a cordless phone tripping the power.

Wait for VM staff and they can get it booked

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi HAIFA,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear your'e parent's are unable to use their phone due to a water damaged socket.

So I can help I would like to invite you into a private chat, I will send you an invite shortly please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for helping Paul and for booking the engineer to visit at the weekend. Appreciated. I will update on here when it's resolved

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi HAIFA,

You are very welcome , let us know if you have any further issues, stay safe.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos