Menu
richibysea123
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Elderly neighbours Virgin landline not working

I have very elderly neighbours whose virgin landline is faulty and they cannot make or receive calls. How can I book for an engineer to visit. I will later this morning unplug their phones and wait 15 minutes and re-test the line but if that does not work can I organise an engineer visit?

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Elderly neighbours Virgin landline not working

Hi @Richibythesea123, 

Thanks for posting this on here and bringing this to our attention, 

I'm very sorry this has happened to your neighbours and we can certainly get this looked into. 

As we would need to pass DPA for your neighbours, is there a chance they would be able to reply on here on your behalf so we can through their account together? 

We would either need you to get the account details or speak to them directly 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
richibysea123
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I will knock on their door after 9 AM and get them to carry out unplugging their phone for 15 minutes, reconnecting and if this does not resolve matters I am sure they would be very happy to speak to someone at Virgin Media. If you have a direct line or I can give you their mobile number (via a secure manner of course)

Kind regards

Richard

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Okay that's fine please do keep me updated. 

The best number to call would be 0345 454 1111/ 150 

They should be able to look into this for you and get this sorted ASAP. But if you are having trouble, please pop back a message on here and more than happy to assist. 

🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
richibysea123
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They have tried that but have not been able to get through or afford to hang on using up their mobile minutes (they have not got a Virgin Mobile)! is the number free? if not, I will ask them for their account details.
0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It is free on any UK mobile and landline, otherwise standard rates do apply, but if you get their account details we are more than happy to help on here and get this sorted for your elderly neighbours. 

Just keep us updated 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

0 Kudos