Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Effective Complaining with Virgin?

Having been wrestling with a bad Virgin phone line for a vulnerable 91 year old, who has a community help service line, for the past three weeks without any success I thought that if I posted the complaint here, someone more senior there perhaps might help.  Here is the message I sent to them on their  complaint online web page and that failed and returned a 404 error!!  Happy to give account details to anyone who can fix this.

"The Issue

We reported that the phone line suffers ring trip and cannot receive calls. The line is also very noisy and almost inaudible. This was reported three weeks ago.  Your client is a 91 year old vulnerable person living alone with a community alarm system.  An engineer called two weeks ago but could not fix it.  Nothing has happened since and your customer service team have no resolution in sight and on two of the four times we have called them they hung up after being asked when it would be fixed.

"What would you like Virgin to do?

To fit a temporary line with wire in road or fit a PSTN to GSM or 802.11  converter in the home by the end of tomorrow so that the community alarm system may function while you undertake the underground work apparently required.  Please also alert your protection of vulnerable customers team to your performance in this case.

To members of this community:   Thank you, any ideas welcomed!

Trevor Thompson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Effective Complaining with Virgin?

has the person been registered under the priority phone service

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I think so, they attended in the first place within 2 days which was impressive, but no fix and no apology or information.  I'll look out for a Virgin rep with a logo!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

i'll see if i can get someone to get to this post a bit faster.
Its a bank holiday weekend so it still might take a few days.

Not sure your depends of a GSM gateway will happen as that not supplied or supported by VM but sure they can get another engineer out.

Is the person classed as At risk from Covid or showing any signs/isolating from it?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, she is self isolated and "Shielded"  and has COPD, but no virus, as yet..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

that might effect if they are allowed to send in engineers for her safety. Not sure how work works with people Shielding. I know if they are isolating they wont be allowed to attend site.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There appears to be no need to go inside as it is the cable in the street that is faulty.  They could cut it off in the garden and connect a new temporary one to the cabinet.  Disappointing to hear they wont use a GSM interface as I believe that can be done for a whole town let alone just one line.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi trevorthompson,

I'm going to send you a Private Message so I can take some details from you regarding your friend's phone line and see what's going on. Please reply back to it so I can take a look.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos