Menu
Seafox1976
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

ENGINEER FAILED TO TURN UP TO CONNECT NEW CABLE, NO LAND LINE FOR 2 WEEKS

I have been a loyal customer of Virgin's for 12 years.  I have been without a telephone line for 2 weeks, a new cable was fitted by Comex who are contractors for Virgin on 8th December 2020 as there was a fault with my old cable, a blockage on the line.  Prior to this an appointment was made by Nigel at Virgin to connect my landline on 10th December between 8 and 1pm, but the engineer did not attend.  I am a vulnerable customer as I have a heart condition and suffer with anxiety and depression, as I live alone my land line is my life line.  I have tried to find an email address to contact someone as I cannot do this without a land line.  I have put a message on live chat but not had a response and worry that I am going to spend another weekend without a landline.  As I am not allowed visitors due to the pandemic this is now a big concern for me. Any ideas how we get someone to respond to me.  I have even contacted Comex by email to see if they know why the engineer did not turn up. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: ENGINEER FAILED TO TURN UP TO CONNECT NEW CABLE, NO LAND LINE FOR 2 WEEKS

Hey @Seafox1976 and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the issues that you've been having with your phone line, I have been able to locate your account and can see that the work was carried out earlier today.

Please can you confirm if your issues are still happening with your landline as the work should have repaired your line.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Seafox1976
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I was in this morning and no one came to connect the line, I was originally told that someone would need to come inside my house to check the line was working, but no communication from Virgin.

Could you look into this for me please.

Susan
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Susan,

Thanks for getting back to us. I've just looked over the account again for you, and it looks like there was a known outage in the area which has been reported as fixed only this morning.

Can you please let me know if things are still the same? If you are still having problems give us a shout and we can go from there.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Seafox1976
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

I still have no landline, I have been out to look at the box where it should have been connected after Comex fitted the new cable 9th December, but there is no connection in the box just a bare wire sticking outside of the box, is this safe with all the rain? So no one from Virgin has been to connect also the old wire is  still there, I would prefer this cable is removed if possible.

So another day with no landline which is now very worrying, 2 weeks later as a vulnerable user.

Please look into this urgently again.

Susan
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Susan,

Thank you for letting us know, I'm very sorry and disappointed to hear that this is still not resolved for you.

I've requested a priority engineer appointment for you so that the issue can be looked at as a matter of urgency. I'm currently awaiting to hear back from the Priority Appointments Team so they can reconfirm an earlier slot. As soon as I get an appointment confirmed, I will let you know.

If you need anything else in the meantime just post below and I'll be more than happy to help further.

Beth

0 Kudos
Seafox1976
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you

Susan
0 Kudos
Seafox1976
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am pleased to say an engineer came out this afternoon and has now connected my line, so I now can call and receive calls.  I am so relieved, although I have had a lot of worried people who could not get hold of me for 2 weeks as it was ringing out still, so now they can also be pleased I am OK and in communication again.

Kind regards

Susan

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for updating us Susan and that your landline is working again. I'm sorry for any concern raised when the fault was open, especially in the current climate but please do let us know if you have anymore issues with it.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos