cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual phone lines

C_W_S
Joining in

I have two phone landlines, one belonging to BT and the other belonging to Virgin Media (ex-NTL). The BT number is the one I gave out for people to call me on so I needed to keep it, but I didn't want to keep paying two line rentals so I tried to get the BT number switched over to the Virgin Media line so the BT line could be disconnected. However, what actually happened was that the BT account was moved over to Virgin Media using the same (BT) phone line, and now I'm not sure of the status of the Virgin Media line. Plugging a phone into it gives a dial tone but it is not possible to make calls, and when I dial the old Virgin Media number from another phone I get a ringing tone but the phone plugged in to that line does not ring. Is there any way to find out the status of my former Virgin Media phone number? Also, will having two lines affect the impending switch to the fibre-based phone service?

1 REPLY 1

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi C_W_S,

Thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums!

Looking this end, I can see that your landline service with us is either due to be migrated over to the fibre network, or this has already happened. Once your home phone has migrated over, you'll need to connect your landline handset to your Hub through an RJ11 adapter, which we will have sent to you in the post. However, I can see that your current Hub model does not support the new VOIP landline service, and so we will need to arrange for an updated Hub to be sent out to you. I'll also be able to discuss this in more detail with you via private message.

Please look out for my message over at the white envelope in the top right.

Thanks!

Beth