Menu
fredriley
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Downgrading account

A question for VM serfs monitoring these boards: how can I downgrade my VM account?

I'm paying £50/month for broadband and landline, and the landline call costs are appalling at 16p/min ex weekends, so there's a real discentive to use it. I want to change my 'package' but do not want to talk to a salesperson on the phone who'll try to flog me 'upgrades' or to use Webchat as I know from experience that that's an awful timesink and is very open to misunderstandings. As I can 'upgrade' (trans: pay more) the account online, I think I should be able to downgrade online. I would send an email but VM doesn't 'do' email - just soooo twencen, my dear ;-\

There is an 'answer' to this question on the boards but it's really unhelpful.

If I have to use phone or chat, then I'll give it a miss, and switch provider when the virus crisis is done.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Downgrading account

Hello

I am afraid that VM doesn't have a email address for support due to security,. there is however a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
fredriley
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Downgrading account

Thanks for the reply, Mike. I've found out through harsh experience that VM really, really doesn't do email, and will try to phone you at any hour without warning and flog you more 'features'. Security may be one reason, but I suspect that not committing anything to writing might be another. Oh well, no bother, I'll move on once the virus crisis has lapsed.

0 Kudos