cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Docsis Emergency Backup line

Snowy43
Joining in

My father in law has been given an emergency backup line after being converted over from a normal phone line to a Docsis line. He has an emergency lifeline button in case of falls which does not work on the backup line, he gets recorded message stating this line only allows emergency calls.

Surely his lifeline button number should be classed as an emergency number ?

How do i get this resolved ?

Mike

26 REPLIES 26

I have heard back from the team @Sparky3366 and they have advised that they can put you back onto the old network but only for a maximum of 30 days but after those 30 days you would be reverted back to the DOCSIS lines. Would you like me to arrange this for you as a temporary measure?

Thanks

Steven_L

There is no point unless it is permanent, it still leaves me in the same situation.

Thanks for coming back to us @Sparky3366, unfortunately that is the best that we can do as all of our lines are being switched over ready for the old network to be closed down. Every provider will be doing the same thing over the next few months. We maybe able to look into your package to see if we can apply any discounts to enable you to pay the £5 for the service from telecare. Would you like me to look into that for you?  

Thanks

Steven_L

Yes please.

Thanks @Sparky3366, we will need to pass account security to get this looked into further.

I will drop a private message over in a moment, please look out for it and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

I’ve been told by my emergency care provider that Virgin are the only provider they are having problems with when the phone is switched to digital. It’s no good just blaming the providers.

Hi celiamary3,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry for any issue you're having with your back up line. 

To confirm. you have been told by the company who provided the back up line that it isn't working with ourselves?

^Martin