Menu
Soop
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Do I still need an engineer?

We have had multiple engineer visits since Christmas as our landline phone service keep failing. After the last visit, when the engineer couldn't fix the problem, we were advised that we needed an engineer to replace the cable to our house - they are due to come on Thursday this week. However, now the service appears to be working again, although the quality of the line is not brilliant. I don't know if the phone line replacement will fix this but I am worried that we will get charged for the visit as we do have a service now.

Can someone please advise? I tried to cancel the appointment by signing in (as advised on the help pages) but them against the appointment details there is a message saying you can't cancel appointments online - so you end up going round in circles. And I gave up trying to get through to customer service on the phone.

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Do I still need an engineer?

With you having continued faults with the phone service, I'd still say it is worth having the visit, as intermittent faults that Virgin believe are cable related can reoccur even when everything looks like it's fixed.

Based on what you've said, I can't see any reason why you'd be charged for it.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Soop,

Thanks for your post.

I would also agree with BenMcr on this one, just to be on the safe side. We would not charge you for this appointment, even if the engineer finds absolutely nothing wrong with your services/equipment.

However if you would prefer me to cancel the appointment, let me know and I'll get that done for you.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Soop
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Beth.

In that case, we'll keep the appointment please in the hope that it prevents further outages. 

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No problem at all 🙂

If there's anything else you need just give us a shout.

All the best,

Beth

0 Kudos