cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed Bill

Ken999
Joining in

When I decided to end my contract and keep my land line number, Virgin closed the old contract and started a new one which charged for weekday calls. This was done without my consent and knowledge. There are call charges which i have disputed and am refusing to pay. Having failed with their threats and debt collectors, Virgin has stopped chasing me, but unkown to me they have put the account as in default on my credit score. Can anyone help to have this removed.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ken999,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear you're having some issues and disputes with charges on your bills and also with what's included in your package. You would've received documentation at the time of agreeing to the new contract confirming what's detailed in the package, along with it being detailed on your online account and monthly bills.

Do you have any documentation stating that you wouldn't be charged for weekday calls as part of your package?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I had a package in place until 24th March 2021 which included calls anytime. This was ended by Virgin unexpectedly when they were informed them (around 2nd March 2021) that I was leaving Virgin when the contract ended and wanted to port my land line. I was offered another contract to match the competitor's price but when I received the confirmation it was totally different and I complained immediately. I also complained in writing about the conduct of the personnel and the charges. The complaint was accepted but the charges were not cancelled. Since then I have tried on many occasions to resolve the dispute but no one at Virgin would listen to my point of view. They even sent the account to Moorcroft (Dent Collection Agents) who agreed with me and sent the account back to Virgin to cancel the charges which has not happened. I have not heard from Virgin since and assumed that the charges were cancelled only to discover recently that my account has been reported as in default to credit rating agencies. This is totally unfair and causing me stress and anxiety as I have never defaulted on my accounts. Please help.   

Hi @Ken999,

Thank you for expanding on the situation. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can take some details from you and have a closer look at what's happening.

Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!