Menu
NKG
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Disconnected main phone line and no update over the last 5 weeks

On 16 March 2020 our residential telephone line was disconnected. I telephoned Virgin the same day to enquire the reason and it was noted that Virgin had disconnected the line in error, whilst making a change to the optional features discussed with them on 8 March. I was told that a ToC form is being completed so that our residential number is not lost and that it will take a week to reconnect the line. After several attempts via calls and online over the last 5 weeks so as to seek a progress update and a date as to when the telephone line will be reconnected, I am deeply disappointed with the poor customer care and lack of any definitive response from Virgin. I have received a text message this afternoon from an unknown no (07533 051809)  thanking me for getting in touch and asking if I want the issue picked up by messaging a YES reply. There is nothing in the text that indicates that the message has been sent by Virgin. Can anyone please confirm whether the number belongs to Virgin Media?

We have had our residential telephone number since 1990 and have been a Virgin customer for about 15 years after they acquired Telewest Broadband. Not having a working residential line during the lockdown has been a real constraint over the past 5 weeks. Can anyone recommend any avenues to follow to reach someone in authority that can prioritise the reconnection of our telephone line? Every time I phone it takes a long while before anyone answers and then the Virgin employee is not able to provide any specific information on the hold-up or when the matter will be resolved.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Scott_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Disconnected main phone line and no update over the last 5 weeks

Hi.
Send me a pm with postcode, account number and area code if you know this and I will look into it for you.
To PM me, just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any of the info I've asked for in this thread as it's public

If my answer was helpful to you please mark you post as helpful answer and consider leaving kudos.
Thanks Scott

Want to do right by your nearest and dearest and both earn a £50 credit off your bill? It's simple, Just text ‘RAF 92082 to 80011 with your postcode, account number, friend's name and phone number, so we can call them now.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Jenn12345
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I upgraded my broadband and it has turned into a nightmare as the person has for some reason disconnected my landline and it has been 5 weeks now and I have made over 15 hours of phone call to virgin to get it resolved and has been messed around and still issue not resolved! Absolute disgraceful customer service from virgin! Never call people back when promised and the. I finally got a date for installation on Monday 22nd February and they did not turn up which isn’t a surprise with virgin with the rubbish service they offer. I thought something was wrong when it was less than 24 hour from getting the installation booked in I get a text to say it’s cancelled. I called right back up and was guaranteed that it was not cancelled but yet again another lie. Then I called back on the day they did not arrive and another 2 hours of my time wasted to be told I’m not allowed to book in because of COVID! So I have requested to cancel my account which I have been put in process but after being on the phone with BT I can’t leave without virgin to reconnect my phone line as I will lose my phone number. Please can you let me know when can I get it reconnected and have someone contact me ASAP. I have been so unhappy with the service I have had and can actually say it’s the worst I have ever experienced. No apology or email to acknowledge my complaint.  All from the error of virgin

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jenn12345, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your landline port-out looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration and that the delay with your installation caused you to leave us. I would be more than happy to look into this for you in order to make our final interaction a good one. 

I can see from your services on my side that the landline may have now been reconnected as I can see it is now active, which means you can contact BT and have it ported out. 

If you call them today and run into any further issues please let me know.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Jenn12345
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan no it has not been reconnected I have 2 phone lines on on my account and also how do you know my account information when you haven’t had any details off me??

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jenn, 

Thanks for coming back to me, I am sorry to hear its not been reconnected on your side, I'll send you a PM in a second to chat about things more in depth. 

We can use the information from your Forum profile to look at your services to check for faults and recent activity, no one else but the moderator team can see this info so don't worry. 

Can I ask how you know it hasn't been connected yet? Have you called BT and asked them to port it over but they're facing an issue?

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Jenn12345
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

There is still no dial tone!! I can’t make it receive calls

how do I check a PM?

0 Kudos
Jenn12345
Joining in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I need it to be sorted before the 24th March when the account will be disconnected unless you can resolve the issue. Can you call me? 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jenn12345, 

Thanks for coming back to me, I am sorry my PM doesn't seem to have gone through to you correctly, I'll send it again for you now 🙂

Thanks, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jenn, 

I have sent you a PM again, have a look on the forum home page and look for the purple envelope. 

I won't be able to call as we are a purely digital team, however the PM is really simple and secure to use. 

Speak soon.

Megan_L

0 Kudos