Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Disconnected main phone line and no update over the last 5 weeks

On 16 March 2020 our residential telephone line was disconnected. I telephoned Virgin the same day to enquire the reason and it was noted that Virgin had disconnected the line in error, whilst making a change to the optional features discussed with them on 8 March. I was told that a ToC form is being completed so that our residential number is not lost and that it will take a week to reconnect the line. After several attempts via calls and online over the last 5 weeks so as to seek a progress update and a date as to when the telephone line will be reconnected, I am deeply disappointed with the poor customer care and lack of any definitive response from Virgin. I have received a text message this afternoon from an unknown no (07533 051809)  thanking me for getting in touch and asking if I want the issue picked up by messaging a YES reply. There is nothing in the text that indicates that the message has been sent by Virgin. Can anyone please confirm whether the number belongs to Virgin Media?

We have had our residential telephone number since 1990 and have been a Virgin customer for about 15 years after they acquired Telewest Broadband. Not having a working residential line during the lockdown has been a real constraint over the past 5 weeks. Can anyone recommend any avenues to follow to reach someone in authority that can prioritise the reconnection of our telephone line? Every time I phone it takes a long while before anyone answers and then the Virgin employee is not able to provide any specific information on the hold-up or when the matter will be resolved.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Disconnected main phone line and no update over the last 5 weeks

Hi.
Send me a pm with postcode, account number and area code if you know this and I will look into it for you.
To PM me, just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any of the info I've asked for in this thread as it's public

If my answer was helpful to you please mark you post as helpful answer and consider leaving kudos.
Thanks Scott

Want to do right by your nearest and dearest and both earn a £50 credit off your bill? It's simple, Just text ‘RAF 92082 to 80011 with your postcode, account number, friend's name and phone number, so we can call them now.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more