cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital landline

ColinC74
Joining in

Today l moved my landline from analogue to the didgital via my hub. Landline is dead. Do Virgin have to do something to activate the line? 

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@ColinC74 wrote:

Today l moved my landline from analogue to the didgital via my hub. Landline is dead. Do Virgin have to do something to activate the line? 

If your telephone service is/was via a wall socket, it will stay that way until VM switch you as part of their planned programme of work or a VM tech visits to do it manually (often as an alternative to fixing a fault on the old line).

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Phone-Switchover/gh-p/Switchover

If you have moved the connection to the hub because VM has advised today is your switchover day, then the usual advice is to leave the phone plugged into the wall socket until the wall socket no longer works, then try the phone connection on the back of the VM hub.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ColinC74,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear that after our Landline Switchover your Phone isn't working, I was able to locate you on our system and it doesn't look like you have been switched yet, can you put the phone back into the wall socket and see if the phone then works.

Regards

Paul.