cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Voice Switchover

Poor_Dog
On our wavelength

I’ve received the notification about switching over my landline to a digital service via the Hub next year.

As I will not need the physical landline connection after the switch will my line rental charge finish and be removed from my bill?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Poor_Dog 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you back.

You would still be charged for your landline as we would still be providing this service, there should be no changes to your bill regarding this switch over.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Poor_Dog wrote:

I’ve received the notification about switching over my landline to a digital service via the Hub next year.

As I will not need the physical landline connection after the switch will my line rental charge finish and be removed from my bill?

Thank you.

You will still pay phone line rental. You are still using a standard switched telephone exchange at the other end of your Broadband line. This is the expensive piece of kit, & until it is replaced with a fully integrated VoIP network in 2025 you will still have to pay for using it.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks