cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Telephone Switchover

mstombs
Superfast

Hi, I have had emails and a text about upcoming digital phone switchover, but like many others have found it impossible to contact VM.  No email/web form, No specific option on 150 and eventually get told too busy try again later.

I do not have home health monitoring app etc, just a cordless phone answer machine.  I have a Hub 3.0 just need adaptors I think?  But will cancel landline at earliest opportunity since the only reason I have it is for emergency use and to contact VM, but if doesn't even work for that no point!

Why are communications companies so bad at communication?

2 REPLIES 2

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi mstombs,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. We do apologise that you've had difficulty trying to get through to speak to a member of our team. We're extremely busy at this present time, so it is taking longer that expected for your call to be answered. With regards to your home phone switch over, you will be notified nearer the time with a date when your switch over will take place. We generally send the telephone adaptors out about 2-3 weeks before the takes place.

On the date of the switch over, you plug your adaptor in TEL 1 PORT on your hub and  reboot, it's that simple. You will be sent all the instructions with your adaptor with what steps to take.

With regards to cancelling your landline, as you no longer use this. You will need to speak to our cancellations team directly to get this actioned.

Unfortunately, package changes or new contract deals are not something we deal with from our community forums.

Our retentions team will be happy to assist you further with the cancellation of your landline if this is what you request.

You will need to contact us on 150/0345 454 1111 options 1,4 then 4 again or use our WhatsApp messaging service on 
0730 532 7112.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Thanks for reply. I do have a date in January, although the letter confusingly states if I do nothing the phone line will not work after April 2030! I did ask about landline last time my contract was renewed, but it was cheaper to keep it at the time.