cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Phone Switchover

davew155
Joining in

Currently use 2-way splitter which is plugged into my phone socket. One phone is plugged into
one of the two splitter sockets while the other has a long phone extension lead with a second "extension" phone.
When I plug my adaptor into my router I can plug only one phone into the adaptor; can I plug my 2-way splitter into the adapter and continue using both phones as now?

Router has two phone sockets; I assume these are to support two different phone lines?
Do you supply alternative adaptors in order to plug two phones into one of the router phone sockets?

5 REPLIES 5

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey davew155,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
You will indeed be able to plug a 2 way splitter into the telephone line adaptor in the back of your hub to carry on working the way that you have been but we could also book a technician to wire extension sockets in your home to avoid you needing a long extension lead, of course this would be free of charge as part of the phone switchover process.

Router has two phone sockets; I assume these are to support two different phone lines?

Yes the two sockets are to support two seperate lines
Do you supply alternative adaptors in order to plug two phones into one of the router phone sockets?

We only supply one type of adaptor for landlines via your router

Hope that you have found my reply helpful and if you'd like to take up the offer of extensions, please let me know 👍

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

davew155
Joining in

Main phone, with built-in answerphone, is by phone socket just inside front door.
Router is upstairs. Advice on website seems to be to book a technician to come and re-wire.
I can plug adaptor into router, plug splitter into adaptor and then phone extension cable into splitter, routing cable downstairs and there plug main phone into extension lead. Is technician going to do anything different?

Thanks for coming back to us davew155, that is what the technician would be doing for you on their visit, so it sounds like you have got that covered using the same method that you currently have in place. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

davew155
Joining in

Thank you, Steven. Both answers helpful, clear and to the point.

You're very welcome davew155 and please let me know if you need any further assistance 👍

Kind Regards,

Steven_L