cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialling any number from my landline connects me to Virgin Media then charged me for the call.

IanSR
Dialled in

So for a while now trying to dial any number on my landline connects me to Virgin Media, I only have the landline so my dad can call me so just hang up and switch to my mobile.

on 31st October I got fed up with this so called 150 to report the fault and get the package changed, the package change was done almost immediately and the phone then started working correctly.

However on this months bill, I have been charged £5.35 for the call to 150, it says I called an 0345 number instead which is not the case.  I use the phone so infrequently that this was the only call made in the last 3 months so there’s no chance there was a “mistake”.

What are the chances of getting this charge refunded?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @IanSR 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you back. 

I am so sorry for any confusion regarding your bill and this phone charge. Can I ask if this call was made within your call plan times?  

Thanks, it was a call to 150 so is advertised as free, my calling plan shouldn’t have any effect (but no, it was on a weekday and we have weekend calls only)

l’ve spoken to someone is CS on my mobile who said it was a mistake and is arranging a credit for it, so hopefully it is sorted now.

That's great to hear @IanSR and I am glad to hear the team have been able to arrange a credit. 

If there are any other issues at all or you need us to take a look then please do pop back to the forums, but if a credit has been applied then it will appear on your next bill provided it is not too close to the bill generate date.