cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialling any number from my landline connects me to Virgin Media.

EdwardRD
On our wavelength

Hi,

Can VM please help, I tried to call Royal Mail today to discuss a missed delivery and after dialling their number I was connected to the Virgin Media phone menu. I tried again and still the same. I also tried calling my workplace and was still connected to VM. My bills are payed in full, is this a fault or something else?

Trying to use the online chat just goes around in circles.

Thanks,
Ed.

12 REPLIES 12

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @EdwardRD 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

EdwardRD
On our wavelength

I tried to get help with this, but the PM's on this issue and another a few weeks back asked for private account and baking info. It's very suspicious. How do we verify that the VM Forum support people are truly genuine?

Hi @EdwardRD 

If you look at my profile, this will confirm I am indeed a staff member. What you have been asked are valid security information.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

EdwardRD
On our wavelength

So, I've just received my latest bill today 26/11/2023 and I'm trying to call the 150 help-line to request the new hub for the phone switchover and hopefully this will also fix the dialling out issue reported in this thread.

The automated help-line response assumes my services have been reduced due to an unpaid bill (the one received just today) and told me I need to pay it before I can get support and hangs up on me. As we all pay a month in advance it's really a poor show from VM to shut the door in customer's faces when they need help. This is unacceptable!

I still need help. I haven't been able to make outgoing calls since I reported the issue in this thread a week ago! Trying to call VM is a dead-end!

Hi @EdwardRD 

If you respond to my PM, we'll be more than happy to help

John_GS
Forum Team

EdwardRD
On our wavelength

Thank you John, will do.

EdwardRD
On our wavelength

Hi John,

Can you please send me another PM. All my previous PM's are now gone.

Hi @EdwardRD 

No worries at all 🙂

John_GS
Forum Team

EdwardRD
On our wavelength

Hi Virgin Media Team,

Just to let you know, I have not yet received the new equipment I was expecting last Saturday, December 2nd.

I’ve recently been chatting to one of your colleagues, via the VM forums (private messaging) to arrange a new router for the digital phone switchover and I also agreed to a free upgrade of my TV box. It was agreed that the new kit would be sent to my home on Saturday December 2nd.

I then received a message saying that the new kit would be delivered to my home on Friday December 1st. I expressed a concern to your colleague that nobody would be at home. I was then advised that after the delivery was visible in Yodel, I could rearrange the delivery.

After installing the Yodel app on my phone, I set up a redelivery to my workplace for Monday, December 4th. It is not possible to select a time window e.g. between 07.30 and 17.00. I got a message from Yodel on December 4th to say that my new kit would arrive between 5PM and 7PM, after my workplace closes. So, I missed the first delivery. I thought maybe Yodel would retry and waited until Tuesday, December 5th when I got another message from Yodel to say that my new kit would again be delivered between 5PM and 7PM. I then set up another delivery for today, Saturday December 9th. The Yodel web site has a current status of the parcel being at the delivery depot.

I'd rather be enjoying my evenings and weekends than trying to sort this out, but have been in Yodel's online chat 3 times and called their phone helpline, which is just a recorded mess of responses to vocal input and pretty much the same script used by the people in the chat window. I’ll wait for the rest of today (Dec 9th) to see if I get any updates or maybe even a delivery of the new kit from Yodel. I’m not holding my breath! It's now 11.54 Uk time.

Yesterday, Dec 8th, I received an email from the Virgin Media Equipment Returns team, enquiring as to why I have not activated the new kit yet. Well, if the kit doesn't arrive, I can't activate it and I will not be held responsible for it!

I also wish to claim reimbursement for disabling my phone’s outgoing calls (directing all outgoing calls to the VM helpline) for a period of 1 week without any notice or message from Virgin Media. As far as I know, this isn’t an agreed part of my contract with Virgin Media. What if I were a vulnerable person?

Thanks for your time,
Ed.