Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Dial tone changed

Yesterday my dial tone changed from a continuous tone to two short tones and one long tone which repeats continuously. The phone line is working to send and receive calls. Anyone have an idea why?

John

Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Dial tone changed

Hi, you have a voicemail on the line by the sounds of it. dial 1571 to listen to it.

To PM just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any of the info I've asked for in this thread as it's public

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hi there, 

yes this dial tone change will be due to a voicemail on your line. if you dial 1571 it will take you through the voicemail set up and you can listen and delete any voicemails on there and then after not to long the dial tone will go back to normal. 

but for peace of mind while the dial tone is different is is nothing to worry about or affect your service.

thanks

mitchell

vm field technician

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi

This is absolutely fine there is likely no issue with your line. The tone you're referring to usually means you have a new message in you VM voicemail box just dial 1571 and this should take you to your Voicemail box. for more help with your home phone check out this handy guide https://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Phone%20User%20Guide.pdf 

Hope this helps

Jake
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own set up at home. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you everyone for your helpful replies. It was that and all is fine now.

John

0 Kudos