cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dial tone but no voicemail

sammaccoll
Joining in

Since Thursday my grans phone has been beeping as if she has a message. There’s also a bright light on her phone telling her she has one,

calling 1571 shows there’s no new or saved messages though.

I left her a message and deleted it on Saturday which helped, but 3 hours later the phone started beeping again with no message. 

Does anyone else have this issue and know of any way to solve it?

5 REPLIES 5

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @sammaccoll
Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear that your Gran is experiencing this with the voicemail on her landline. We know this is not ideal and want to best help.

How long has this been ongoing? Does she get the same issue with an alternative landline device? Have you tried rebooting the landline device to see if the issue persists? You may also find the following link useful https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/set-up-landline-voicemail 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It’s been happening for just over a week. She first thought it was an issue with her handset so bought a new one, but when she set that up it was having the exact same issue,

I went over on Saturday and tried to help but didn’t have any luck

How strange @sammaccoll.

In this case, I may need to invite you to private messages to take a further look into this issue. Would you be able to clear account security questions on here account when asked? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Yes of course I can, I'll private message you now

Thank you for letting me know @sammaccoll.

Please look out for the purple envelope for a response 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team