Menu
Hayc81
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I need to contact someone regarding my old account. Since 2016 Virgin have put missed payment on my credit file, I argued said I didnt owe money, Virgin insisted I did. So 4 years worth of monthly missed payments has massively affected my credit score resulting in high interest loan and credit card and prevented me getting my mortgage. However a few weeks ago I got a letter with a cheque from Virgin saying they actually owed me money from my old account. So I'm fuming as I want the missed payments removed 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Default

Hi Hayc81,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about this. When you initially spoke with the team concerning this did they advise if this was concerning a Mobile or Home account?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Hayc81
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi thank you for your reply, it was a home account. 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that information. 

How many accounts have you had with us previously? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Hayc81
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just that one account 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Okay, what I will do is private message you so we can look into this further. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Jonescat15
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Did you manage to resolve this? I’m going through exactly the same. Furious and so upset about the whole thing - I only found out last week when I downloaded my Experian credit report, received no communication from virgin media telling me there was any outstanding amount, and never missed a payment in the whole 6 years I was with them, despite complaining constantly about their poor broadband.

Hope you get it sorted. This needs to be raised as a major issue on social media - I’m reading the same thing over and over again on Twitter, pages like this, fb, an article in the guardian, the BBC. They should not be allowed to do this without properly notifying their customers. Also, I spoke to virgin media today asking them for the third party company they use so I can contact them - they said they didn’t have the details? 

Kind regards
Cat

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cat,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear of the situation, I've not been able to find any details for you so I've popped you over a private message so I can help.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos