Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dead telephone line - engineer just visited today

Hi

I tried to use the web chat on the official virgin media site but it's not working.

I called VM last night to get my broadband and phone fixed. Broadband stopped working yesterday and phone line has been dead for at least a year. The hard drive on TV box has also been on the way out for ages.

I did try calling to get phone fixed some time ago but after being on hold for 30 mins gave up.

It took 42 mins to finally get an appt arranged for today. Engineer has come and fixed broadband and he also replaced my set top box. Great. Unfortunately he said he hadn't been told about phone and didn't have time to look at it.

He advised I should apply for the "Dossis migration". I googled and I assumed he meant Docsis?

Anyway I believe this involves a voip phone which I can just connect to router via an adapter?

Can someone please advise on this? The last thing I want to do is have to wait another 30 mins on phone help.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dead telephone line - engineer just visited today

The new broadband SuperHub 3 has telephone sockets on the back, so rather than plug your landline phone cable into a wall socket, you plug it into the back of your broadband hub.

There's nothing to stop you logging a fault with your existing landline though, and having an engineer resolve it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The hub I have has ethernet sockets for phone. It's the adapter I need. How can I get this without having to phone customer services?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delayed response here richard_smith. 

If it's something you still need help with I'll be happy to get it sorted? 

I'll send a PM shortly to confirm a few details, please get back to me when you can.

Cheers,

Tom

0 Kudos