Menu
ericheyworth
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Dead phone line, can’t get through to customer service

Phone line is totally dead, tests don’t work and can’t get through to customer service to request an engineer.  Apart from closing my account what can I do?

Thanks, Eric 

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Dead phone line, can’t get through to customer service

Hi Eric

If you can't get through on the phone then VM are recommending you send a text to 07533 051809 describing the issue and you should get a response. This is a text only service, it does not support voice calls.  
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425... 

Or you can wait for one of the forum team to get to this thread, which could take a few days as they are currently very busy.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi ericheyworth,

Thank you for reaching out on our forums with regards to your landline issue. I'm really sorry that you've struggled to get in touch to resolve your loss of service.

I've run some line checks and it looks like we may need to get an engineer out to you. Could I just check first of all whether you've tried any alternative handsets or disconnecting and reconnecting your phone?

If neither of these have helped, you will definitely need a tech visit which I'm happy to arrange with you. I'll send you a private message to confirm the best slot, please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond. If you try the steps above and are able to resolve the issue, you can just let me know here and there's no need to respond to my message.

Thanks,

Rachael

ericheyworth
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Scott

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@ericheyworth wrote:

Thanks Scott

@ericheyworth Did you get help via the text number or did @Rachael_F help, in which case Rachael should get the thanks.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos