Menu
Zebedee104
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Dead phone line, can’t get any help from you

Our phone line has been dead since Friday afternoon. Nothing at all, apart from a very random phone call from someone on Saturday that was just the phone ringing, me answering it, no-one being there, me hanging up and then it immediately ringing again.

I’ve been trying now since 7am this morning to sort this out, nearly two hours later I am extremely annoyed.

The website says the phone line is either working fine on tests or is inconclusive and I need to phone you. So far, I’ve been holding for 50 minutes. Marvellous service.

I’ve tried booking online. One slot, ONE for the whole week available - seriously - on Wednesday afternoon. Go through the booking process, get right to the end and then it says the appointment slot is not available. Funny, how I can then restart the booking process again and it shows the same slot.

Phoning then offered the same slot, getting right to the end and then it saying ‘there is a problem with the system.’

How the hell is anyone supposed to get support from you? I’ve been with you for 24 years now. When you work, you’re brilliant. When you go wrong, you’re an absolute disgrace at fixing things.

0 Kudos
Zebedee104
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dead phone line, can’t get any help from you

And the first appointment you can offer for me to fix this is TUESDAY 11 AUGUST. You’re a total disgrace.

How do I get a partial refund for this?
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this has occurred, we aim to schedule engineer visits at the first opportunity available. You can fins out more about our compensation scheme here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation ^CC

0 Kudos
Zebedee104
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If I was angry last week. I’m blooming furious now.

The engineer was booked to come between 12pm and 4pm. Had the confirmation emails and the emails on Sunday to make sure everything was okay from a COVID point of view. All fine.

Nobody has turned up. Nobody has bothered to contact me to say why.

I have spent a whole day at home. I am a freelancer so have lost a day’s wages. What happens now?

0 Kudos
Zebedee104
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So here’s today’s bit of the saga. After speaking to customer services, the engineer came yesterday and there was no reply. I have security camera footage that proves that nobody came to my house yesterday at any point, other than the postman, who i doubt doubles up as a Virgin engineer. I now have to wait until Friday for a new visit.

Why
- does the engineer not call the customer if they’re supposedly not in. The phone number is on the job,
- does the engineer not have a ‘Sorry, we were out’ card that they can leave, that would have also proved whether or not they came
- does nobody at Virgin give the first stuff about this?

Answer to the last point - I’m not a new customer, I’m someone who’s been with you for 24 years that you know you can hold over a barrel as your internet service is the best in the area by a long shot,
0 Kudos
Zebedee104
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Got to love your cheek Virgin, Sending me a customer satisfaction questionnaire hoping everything’s still fixed, Don’t your systems even check if something is fixed first?
0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delay getting back to you here Zebedee104 - and  also for the frustration caused by what 's happened with your phone line and tech-visit - I appreciate the experience was far from ideal.

Checking on this today I get the feeling the issue has since been resolved, but if there's anything else we can assist with please let us know.

Tom

0 Kudos