Menu
Arvind1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dead line, fault complaint handing, clueless service response

Hi. My phone has stopped working on and off for 5 times in as many weeks. It can go wrong at anytime but I has happened at every weekend. I don't have a second phone with me, but I have used my sister's phone on the first two occasions. As a result I have register her mobile phone and she gets the OK message. When I am unable to contact the customer service, I have great difficult to make the people realise there is a fault. For example, the online fault test says the result is inclusive or everything is fine. It does not say it is faulty. so, I have asked for engineer to come out but the fault disappears in a day or so and the engineer doesn't come out. I have complained online three weeks ago but there is no acknowledgement of the complaint, say by email. I spoke at length to virginmedia customer service two days ago, when I service had just been restored. But he offered nothing. He didn't bother to check fault record. He said we are sorry. I told him you have no right to offer service in my area. No response. I approached OFCOM 1 week ago via livechat. They want me to write to virginmedia, officially ask for a letter and wait 8 weeks etc. My phone is now dead again. I now want to cancel the contract and move out. Can I cancel the contract due to bad service. Regards

0 Kudos
Arvind1
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dead line, fault complaint handing, clueless service response

Also, I opened the message us portal, asked to be connected through. It said I have to wait 24 hours. I gave my details and asked for complaint to be lodged and some action to me taken. It keeps pinging me but no reply. 

0 Kudos
Arvind1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have been with Virginmedia when it was NTL (20years ago). My email is with ntlworld. It has been quite good for the most part.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Arvind1,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I am sorry to hear you've been having some issues with the phone line, if an area issue is found then any scheduled engineer visits would be cancelled I'm afraid.

I've had a look and can see you're currently affected by an area outage. The estimated fix date/ time for this is this evening at 7.30pm this evening. 

If you did wish to cancel we would require 30 days notice, if you're still within a contract then an early disconnection fee may apply, there would be more information on that here

You would need to either call the team on 150/ 0345 454 1111 or you can text us on +44753 305 1809.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos