cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead landline!

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

Phone line went dead last night, during a call. Now no dial tone, nothing, unable to call in or out..

Have tried connecting a second phone, nothing. Tried phoning my number from another phone (neighbours!) nothing, phone just drops the call!! 

Now, tried to sort this online, but the stupid system just sends me round in circles, and repeatedly says to phone 150 from a virgin landline!! (helpful NOT, as landline not working!!) 

Typical useless Virgin Media!! 

38 REPLIES 38

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi There,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear your Phoneline stopped working last night and that now you cannot make or receive calls.I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and can see there is currently an SNR fault in your area, You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

This was raised on 9th November @ 15:26 and the estimated fix is 16th November @ 15:30.

Regards

Paul.

Really??

Strange that your own 'STATUS' page shows :

We can’t see any issues affecting *** *** 

(postcode removed for security!)

Checked at 11:55 today

And as such, there are no problems with the TV or Broadband either!! 

The phone we have, is not linked to the hub, and is a separate wall box, (old style) 

So not sure where you have dredged this up from??  Phone was working  OK up until last night,  we have had several calls on it up until then, so how a problem from 9th has 'suddenly' affected our phone just last night, (14th!) not sure??

Sounds a bit strange to me!

I have as advised been able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you, not all issues show on the service status , apologies for any confusion caused, it doesn't mean the issue you are facing is linked however it does prevent us sending a technician until resolved, have you tried unplugging everything from the wall socket including any extensions or filters and then trying a separate phone/ not part of the same set?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

If you read the whole of the original post, Yes, I have tried another phone, (different model, was a spare that works, as does our main one, Both were  tried in neighbours home, and both work OK (they are on BT) so know phones are OK) 

Also, unplugged them, re-plugged them (both) still nothing, so 100% certain it's not the phones!

'not all issues show on the service status'

So what's the point of offering a 'service status' option, if it's not updated to be correct, considering the fact you have to put in your postcode (which usually nails the location quite tightly?) and still  it's not correct?  (possible 'flip a coin and see' attitude)

Assume that if we still have no landline 'at some point' over the next few days (well known for your 'fix dates' to disappear into the future daily!!) we 'might'  need an engineer to look at it, but no idea when! 

Top customer service!! (as usual!)

Lets see if once the SNR (Signal to Noise Ration) fault has been resolved the line works if not I will then be able to help and arrange a technician, if a technician is arranged now it may be cancelled as the system see the issues as the reason.

Regards

Paul.

So is there a fault number for this SNR problem, (think there should be, as all faults need one for reference!) so I can track its progress??

At least I can then be notified when it's 'supposed' to be 'fixed' which will at least give me some idea of whether I need some further investigation.

(assuming that this SNR fault HAS a fault number??)  

Hi HughJarsse, I have looked into this for you and can confirm that the fault number is F010251226 and is estimated to be fixed on the 16th November at 15:30 ^Chris. 

'fault number is F010251226 and is estimated to be fixed on the 16th November at 15:30'

Can I have an update on this fault please, as we STILL have no landline, (at 17:35) even if it has been 'fixed' 

2 days without landline, would appreciate some VM 'service' please??

Hi HughJarsse, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that there is still a fault. I have looked into this and the fix time is 18th November. We are working hard to resolve this. ^Chris.