cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead landline

Dave5130
Joining in

My landline went dead a week ago. If the landline is dead why do I pay for it along with the extra for weekend calls. Is it necessary to have a landline for my broadband.

I was told that I had to have a landline to get broadband but since the landline has been dead I’ve not had a problem with WiFi.

I can’t seem to get a proper answer to this so would appreciate help from anyone who has had the same problem Or maybe someone from Virgin will come on and help.

3 REPLIES 3

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Dave5130,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Apologies for the issues faced with the landline, just to touch on the subject of the package, you'd be eligbile for more discounts on the package with having the landline.

If our team were to remove the service during your term then there could be early disconnection fees and the potential of the discounts being minimal.

However we can look to resolve the service? Can I ask is the landline connected to a master socket? Also have you tried another handset with it?

Let us know,

Kain

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried different sockets in the house (x2) and both are dead, I’m going to try and get another phone to be sure it’s not my phone at fault.

I don’t think it is but you can never be sure as one of my neighbours has the same problem.

as for why we have a landline thank you for making it clear.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Right okay, 

Thanks for the response, just from checking our service I can see that currently no area fault has been raised.

So we can get this investigated further I've dropped you a PM.

The message, will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain