cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead land-line

CECORBETT
Joining in

I have been a customer since the days of Telewest  but this is my first encounter with the Virgin pantomime cast:-

January 23rd land-line dead, TV & broadband OK we reported our land-line (normal copper cable) was dead – auto response  - problems in area fix within 48hrs

25th Jan, land-line  still not working ~  contacted Virgin via telephone support  . Checks carried out, fault identified as outside home. Promised repair again within 24 ~ 48hr

Feb. 6th  10 days later still no land-line. Contacted  tech support again who they would send dongle and transfer our number to fibre optic. TV & broadband OK

Another  48 hrs , dongle arrived but not compatible with old super hub. No top grey socket.

Repeated pantomime with telephone support who said I need an engineer visit but none available until 21st of March.

21st March engineer arrived and told us we could not use the old hub and swapped it for a super hub 3.0 with appropriate connections. TV & broadband OK Engineer said fibre phone connection would activate within 30min  ~ 1hr of his visit.

1hr later no phone connection.

3hr later no phone connection.

22nd >24hrs no phone connection. Contacted telephone support Pantomime repeated and we were promised connection by midnight.

Thursday, 23rd of March 09:00 no land-line phone connection.

7:00 p.m. exactly two months since loss of service all Virgin has accomplished is moving us from a dead copper telephone line to a dead fibre optic line and sapping my will to live with their automated support line.

Friday 24th March- 16:00 Still no land-line but a message from Virgin. Yet another engineer visit is arranged for Monday 27th  I suspect the engineer will say everything is OK but the connection requires activating back at Virgin.

1. Is it just me or is Virgin’s support this bad for everyone?
3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey CECORBETT, thanks for joining our help forums and for posting for the first time.

A warm welcome to our community! 🙂

We're sorry to hear of all the landline issues you've experienced and the service problems faced so far.

We can confirm you're booked in for a priority visit from an engineer (as you mentioned above) to restore this issue for you and ensure your landline will be working again.

Please, do keep us posted and let us know how things go as this could not be restored remotely so we had to arrange an appointment.

For service loss compensations, please refer to this link here and let us know if you have more questions.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sad to have joined with such a negative post and your response does not answer the question; is this  (two months and not yet resolved) normal for resolving issues??? Sorry I am not a very happy customer at this time.

Hi @CECORBETT,

I appreciate that any downtime is inconvenient and irritating to say the least, but we'd always do what we can to resolve an issue ASAP once we're aware of it. How long a fault can be present can vary depending on the nature and complexity of the fault amongst other factors.

Please let us know how the visit goes and we'll proceed from there with this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!