cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead Landline

Cathrexx
Settling in

My landline is completely dead. We have been away and came back to our cordless phone saying that we needed to check the connection. Believing it was the phone itself we have now bought a new corded phone and the line is still dead. Have contacted Virgin who say line has been checked and there is no problem. Waited to talk to someone but it cut out after 10 minutes. Have checked all the fixings and leads and there doesn’t seem to be a problem (outside cable looks ok- as much as I can tell). Any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Cathrexx,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

Many apologies for the service issues with the landline, can I ask how is your landline connected? Is it through the Hub?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi Kain

The landline is not connected to the hub - it is to the BT fixing which is away from the hub.

Thanks - hope you can help

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ahh okay, 

Just to clarify, have you received any correspondence recently regarding your phoneline being transferred over to fibre line?

Thanks again,

Kain

No correspondence to my knowledge…..

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No worries, thanks for confirming that.

I've dropped you a PM so we can discuss this further.

You'll find the message within the purple envelope icon.

Cheers,

Kain

Hi Kain

Am guessing the line I was using is now redundant and so have plugged phone in to hub directly - and it works! Bit surprised no one let us know about this (have checked and no emails to that end). It would have saved me a bit of time and a new phone!

appreciate it’s not your fault- but poor communication for such a major change and so easily sorted out!

thanks for your help and have a good day - I am pleased that things are now sorted.

best wishes

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Many thanks for the response, 

I'm glad it's sorted for you however I do apologise for this as our team would usually communicate this change.

Do let us know if any further issues persist,

Kain

Thanks Kain

grateful for your help.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem at all!

Take care,

Kain