cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead LandLine

AndyS5
Joining in

My landline phones are not working, no dial tone, unable to make or receive incoming calls. Unable to currently check service status for my local area. This problem was first noticed yesterday evening and remains the same today. 

6 REPLIES 6

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello @AndyS5 

Welcome to the community

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your landline at the moment.

Can you confirm if you're phoneline is plugged into the main master socket, an extension or into the router?

How many pieces of equipment are connected to the phone line?

There are a few troubleshooting checks I will need you to perform to see if they are successful in resolving the issue. Can you: 

• Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON.
  • Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets.
  • Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in.

Let me know if any of these checks work at all, or if anything changes with the dial tone. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Unknown67
Up to speed

Must be quite a big problem with all the new threads about it. Have you had Broadband and TV issues as well Andy?

Hub 5 Modem Mode, Asus XT8
My Broadband Ping - Gig1 Modem Mode

Hi Carly - I have checked and the phone is seated in its base correctly and is powered on. I have unplugged other landline handsets we have in the house leaving just the master unit plugged in. I have also rebooted our home hub but that hasn't resolved anything. 

AndyS5
Joining in

Unknown67 - No issues with BB and TV. 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @AndyS5 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your landline

I'll drop you a private message now to confirm some more details so I can investigate further, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

AndyS5
Joining in

Travis_M   Reply to PM sent.