Menu
Siam150
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Deactivating voicemail on landline

Hi, 

I need to deactivate the voicemail on Virgin landline. I have tried all the codes google found, none of them are working. I tried to call 150, I was sent a link to my mobile, there is no option to deactivate voicemail from that link! 

I have an answerphone, so never checked voicemail and I have been missing hospital appointments. My voicemail service was turned off before, no idea who, when and why turned it back on again. It is unwanted and really annoying! Why is this impossible to turned it off online or through the phone set?

Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deactivating voicemail on landline

Hi Siam150,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for reaching out with your concerns. I'm really sorry that you've had trouble with your voicemail service and have struggled deactivating this. We'd be happy to help you out with this.

A mailbox can only be created from your landline by dialling 1571, so it would appear that someone in your property has done so whilst being unaware that this would activate the feature. It sounds like you may have been sent a link to contact our messaging team when you called, apologies that you weren't able to resolve the issue this way.

We can empty and remove your mailbox from our side, although we'd need to clear account security in order to do so. I'll send you a private message now to confirm some details, please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Please also bear in mind that if you dial 1571 at any point, this will reactivate our free voicemail service. If there is no activity for 90 days or more, it would be automatically deactivated and can be created again by dialling 1571 once more.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Siam150
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 
When will you be sending that message I need to reply to? There are only adverts in the purple inbox. 

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Siam150,

I do apologise, I sent the message yesterday afternoon but it looks like it didn't go through to you. I've sent it again now, please check again and get back to me when you can.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos